Decorating the tree follows... I am very 'selective' when choosing my tree (some might say picky!) but by the time it is inside, I know it's the perfect shape for covering with my soft white lights and decorations.
Each year I pick a colour theme and style. Sometimes bright jewel colours, simple golds, silvers and sparkle, lots of natural foraged items or miniature felt animals that I've collected over the years. It takes me hours and I love the indulgence of the free time. Christmas songs in the background to sing along to, comfy pj's and plentiful fizz is part of the fun too. By the time the tree is complete, my presents are ready to display underneath and it is so satisfying!
My heart lifts when I can magic up some delicious festive nibbles for my friends and family too. Entertaining at home is such a thrill to me. I have a range of pretty platters, special dishes and glasses. Christmas dress on, glass of fizz in hand, I bake mini bites I have prepared in advance and frozen, scatter quails eggs with flavoured salts and seeds and top my seasonal treats with herbs sprigs from the garden. Let the fun and happiness begin!
Gifts for family & friends:
- Rosie Sugden Cashmere Eye Mask. An excuse for a little 'me time' and peace! I adore socialising and entertaining over the festive period and with this little luxury, a satisfying rest and good nights sleep can be enjoyed before I do it all over again!
- Forest Mushrooms Basket. I love these. High quality and timeless. A way of bringing the outside in and depicting the seasons in the home. I would use them for decorative display... Perhaps surrounding a large vase of autumn foliage and the Ethel and Co Winters Night Candle.
- Lisa Angel Star Candle Stick. I love that these hold an array or vibrant single candlesticks.
Gifts for children:
- Fable Heart Hooded Antique Gold Pom Pom Cape. I am small but not small enough for this beautiful cape! The young girl in me has imagined the glamour of wearing it to arrive at a party. So special and wondrous!
- Maileg Truffle Pig. A wonderfully squishy, jolly little pig. My friends little girl Alys, loves animals and would treasure snuggling this or taking him for a ride in her play buggy!
- Freckle Oakie for my best friends little boy, George. He loves exploring on muddy walks. Zooming in on the nature along the way would fascinate him.
- Studio Roof Make and Colour Forest Story. This is perfect for this time of year... sit and colour at the table and create an imaginative forest. With a back drop of twinkling lights to make it feel Christmassy!
Gifts for myself:
- Eleanor Torbati Stoneware Candle Holder. The traditional design and subtle colour of these candle holders offer a multitude of uses. For me, I see them as part of my Christmas table and festive displays. A vibrant candle, even my advent candle, burning bright with small individually wrapped chocolates or whole spices like star anise sitting in the shallow saucer. A simple festive pleasure.
- Our Lovely Goods Raffia Tray and Olli Ella Berry Basket. Timeless woven pieces for creating natural displays or presenting festive food beautifully!