You will all know by now that I dearly love traditions and seasonality, and for me Christmas really is the pinnacle that I cherish every year. There are so many things that feel like must do's to get the season started, but this year I'm embracing a string of firsts for Sergio's first Christmas.
Kicking off the festive firsts was a day with team M&F making Christmas wreaths and table pieces, eating all the festive food with some fizz and some giggles too. This will be the first of many, I'm sure.
Another first for us this year is visiting Father Christmas at Holkham Hall. I've heard such good things, about how magical it is and I am super excited to take Athena and Sergio together. We are following it up with something that we look forward to every year The Thursford Journey of Lights.
December conjures images of wrapping gifts by the wood burner with a glass of mulled wine, crisp beach walks, and a house full of people... I just adore hosting, but especially at Christmas. I love getting all of the Christmas decorations out that we've collected over the years and whilst I never need a excuse to indulge in cheese, it’s been out of bounds for a while whilst I was pregnant so I will most definitely be festively over indulging this year!
I'm really looking forward to the school carol service this year too. It always makes me feel a little emotional and the excitement in the air from the children is almost palpable.
On Christmas Eve we bake and get prepping for the next few days. I dust off the Delia recipes to make sausage rolls and mince pies and we snuggle up to watch a festive film or three. We usually enjoy a few drinks with friends on Christmas Eve, along with some Carols and Christmas crafting with the children too.
And finally, this year we have another reason to eat drink and be merry as my sister and her family are coming over from America. I haven’t seen my nephews and niece for over two years due to Covid restrictions so I can’t wait to cuddle them and enjoy some quality family time all together - simple pleasures, tasty food and games.
My Gift Guide:
Babies first Christmas - for Sergio
- Little Dutch Musical Whale.
- Dinosaur set by Olli Ella.
- Liewood Stacking Tower
- Mushie’s Lovey Blanket Muslin comforter.
- Liewood Anna Rattle.
- Fable Heart Cornflower blue crown.
- Riley the Rabbit by Liewood
Gifts for Athena
- Meri Meri Nutcracker costume
- Ballerina necklace by Stych
- Jewellery box by Stych
- Home Sweet Home bag by Mimi and Lula
- Nutcracker Activity Book by Meri Meri
- Wooden Waffle set by Kids Concept
- Story Orchestra, The Magic Flute
- Pink Chocolate Crown by Fable Heart
- Autumn Butterfly Wings by Mimi & Lula
Xmas eve box
- I Love You more than Christmas Book
- Liewood Wilhelm Pyjamas
- Christmas Department Store Book
- Midnight Sleepsuit by Organic Zoo
- Riley the Rabbit by Liewood
- Make Your Own Glitter Decorations set by Cotton Twist
- Fairy Stamp Pens.
- Rhythmic Friendship Bracelet Weaver by Freckle Studio.
- Greta The Great bath time toy
- Set of roll play tickets
Things I love
- White fluffy Eye mask by Chalk
- Burn Out Roll On by Ede
- Cashmere Socks by Rosie Sugden
- Adult Beanie by Hunter & Rose
- Bella Charcoal Slippers by Chalk
- Energising Boost Spray by Norfolk Natural Living
Gifts for family & friends
- Little B Mouse Gift Set by Bramley
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas Candle by Ethel & Co
- Organic Cotton Rounds & Wipes by Goldricks
- Energising Boost Roll On by Norfolk Natural Living
- Flowers & Butterflies Tin Tea Set by Little Dutch
- Robbie the Rabbit Muslin by Liewood