Shop With Us Via Fabulous Places Online Market This Weekend
Emily’s Christmas Gift Guide
With its shortened days and sometimes gloomy atmosphere after the summer high, the winter months can get a bad press. But there is so much to love and appreciate at this time of year - it is the season of magic after all. And we love a bit of magic!
If you've been with us for a while, you will know that nostalgia and tradition are two things that the whole of the team here hold dear. And of course Christmas is to be no exception! Last year we bought you our Christmas Gift Guide which we loved creating. It was so much fun to talk with people, not just about their Christmas products but about their seasonal traditions and about what made Christmas feel like Christmas for them.
So this year, we thought we would share our own Christmas gift ideas and seasonal tick lists with you - our M&F Family.
Throughout November and into December we will share the Christmas traditions, gift guides and must do's from each of the team… we hope you enjoy reading just as much as we have enjoyed creating.
Christmas with Emily
I absolutely love the festive season and wholeheartedly embrace the magic of the build up to the big day.
For me, Christmas is all about spending time with my family, twinkling fairy lights and glitter, decorating the house with greenery, lighting the wood burner as soon as we wake up, baking mince pies and sausage rolls and getting cosy to watch festive films. ‘It’s a Wonderful Life,’ is my favourite, I watch it every December.
It’s also tradition for me to make an advent calendar for my daughter, with little envelopes that contain chocolate and a note for each day of the month such as, ‘Have a picnic tea next to the Christmas tree,’ or ‘Let’s go out for hot chocolate.’
I’ve just started planning this years’ calendar and so look forward to putting it together for her as she gets so excited each morning to open the little envelope and find the message inside!
I've chosen some of my favourite products for Christmas this year for friends, family, the children and even things that I would love to receive too!
Gifts for family:
- Seaweed & Samphire bath salts and hand cream by Plum & Ashby. They both smell incredible!
- Sourdough & Sea Salt Pump Street chocolate. Chocolate and sourdough, I don’t think there’s a better combination!?
Gifts for friends:
- Kitty Makes wall flags (I love their minimalist design and positive messages)
- Lionheart magazine (it’s wonderfully charming)
- Fabelab Rope Rainbow (because you can never have enough rainbows)
Gifts for children:
- Kitpas crayons (we’re a big fan of these on a rainy day)
- Londji Dans L’Igloo puzzle. Super festive and the magic glasses add a special touch
- Wolf Girl by Jo Loring-Fisher. Its a beautiful and magical story about finding your voice.
Gifts for myself:
- Duvet Day by Ethel & Co... the perfect scent for getting cosy on a chilly day!
- Rosie Sugden cashmere socks... they feel so luxurious.
- Brew notebooks... I’m a sucker for stationary